My Favorite Christmas Verse

By December 19, 2016Public Blog, Uncategorized

th-18 Christmas is a wonderful time of the year.  It is the time when we celebrate the birth of a baby who came to earth to be mankind’s Savior.  There are so many verses in the Bible that tell of this amazing event.  However, of all the verses that talk about the coming of Jesus Christ as a babe in the manger, my favorite verse is found in John’s gospel.  You might not think of it as a “Christmas verse” but I think it says it all.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.  John 3:16

As we approach Christmas, we must never forget that God loved each of us so much that He gave His only Son.  This was the greatest gift ever given.  This gift from God ended with Jesus laying His life down on a cruel cross to pay our sin debt.

So, when we gather around Christmas trees and give gifts to those we love in a few days, let’s not forget the gift of salvation that was given to all who believe in Christ on that first Christmas morning.  Leave a comment below with your favorite Christmas verse and why it means so much to you.

I look forward to seeing what God is going to do in 2017 as we strive to bring glory to Him is all we are and do.  I pray that you have a Merry Christmas and a Christ-filled New Year.

Glen Schultz

Author Glen Schultz

More posts by Glen Schultz

Join the discussion 10 Comments

• Rick Brown says:

Thanks be to God for His I unspeakable Gift!
    2 Corinthians 9:15 Merry Christmas to all. Rick:-)

• RIck Yost says:

John 1:14 says that “the Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us”. How powerful is that!! And I like the lyrics from Michael Card’s song, The Final Word, where he says “eternity stepped into time so we could understand.

• Melissa Rose says:

Isaiah 9:6-7 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

• David Holtzhouse says:

Ii Corinthians 5:21 – “For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.”

• Jeff says:

Merry Christmas!

• Jamie Covell says:

I would also choose Isaiah 9:6-7. This fall in spiritual disciplines I chose to focus on meditating on attributes of God. The 4 from verse 6, Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, have resonated strongly.

• Pam says:

But if the spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. Romans 8:11

Be still and know that I am God.