Drs. James Dobson and Gary Bauer wrote a book, Children at Risk, in the early 1990s. They made both an observation and a prediction with this statement.
A new civil war is raging in the country. This war is a war of values and who ever wins gets our children.
I never thought I would witness what has taken place in our country over the past 30+ years since I read these prophetic words. The battle for the hearts and minds of children has intensified beyond my imagination. Dobson and Bauer were absolutely right when they said that children are the main target in this civil war and that the main front of the war will be fought on educational turf.
It is time for all Christians to WAKE UP! The lines between good and evil (God and Satan) have been clearly marked and there is no neutral ground between the two. Christian parents, pastors and educators must boldly stand for and with God and His Word or they will have to admit that they are against Him.
For decades the forces of evil have been satisfied to work quietly behind the scenes. This is no longer the case. Those who want to destroy the family and capture our children have openly and unashamedly declared war against truth. This means that Christians must sound a clear warning and call to battle.
We are no longer living in post-Christian culture. It is a militant, anti-Christian culture. Anyone who stands for God and absolute truth is considered a bigot and an enemy of society. We have witnessed attempts to redefine marriage and now it wants to change what it means to be human — especially as it relates to one’s gender. I am reminded of a post that I recently saw on social media.
The Creator alone has the right to define His creation!
Consider some of the attacks against truth that has taken place over the past few weeks. During the recent Supreme Court confirmation hearings, the candidate, Ketjani Brown Jackson, was asked, “Can you provide a definition for the word ‘woman’?” Jackson’s answer was, “No, I can’t.” When asked again, she answered, “I can’t, in this context. I am not a biologist.”
Following this exchange US Today published the following statement.
Scientists, gender law scholars and philosophers of biology said Jackson’s response was commendable though perhaps misleading. It’s useful, they say, that Jackson suggested science could help answer Blackburn’s question, but they note that a competent biologist would not be able to offer a definitive answer either. Scientist agree that there is no sufficient way to clearly define what makes someone a woman, and with billions of women on the planet, there is much variation. (emphasis mine)
The question that came to my mind is, “How does one believe that there are billions of women on the planet if no one knows what a woman is?” The judge’s answer is consistent with how society determines whether someone is a man or a woman. Two other glaring examples of this denial of truth can be seen in the naming of the “female of the year” and “female athlete of the year.” In both cases the individuals named were biological males.
How did we get to where we are as a society today? We have educated generations of young people to believe such falsehoods.
Secular education has taken generation after generation of young people captive to lies and false philosophies. Again, it had been somewhat subtle until recently.
The top of the sewage tank was removed recently when the Governor DeSantis of Florida signed a bill that made it illegal to teach sexual ideologies to young children, specifically children in kindergarten through third grade.
The outrage has been swift. There have been numerous videos on apps such as TikTok where public school teachers have recorded messages showing their excitement when young children in their classes show support for their gay and trans lifestyles. Another video showed an elementary teacher bemoaning the fact that he may not be able to share with his students what he and his partner did over a weekend (as if these students were his children).
In another video, an elementary teacher stated, “I would rather lose my job than ‘out’ one of my students to their families. Being a ‘safe’ person and ‘safe’ place for kids who don’t have that at home is one of the best parts of being a teacher.
Public and private schools alike have been accused of “grooming” children to accept deviant lifestyles. At the same time, there have been Christians who have denied that this is taking place. In fact, one writer called claims of grooming “absurd.”
The truth is that children are being taught vile sexual ideas that go against biblical truth. It is in the curriculum, textbooks and other instructional resources that are becoming more and more common in schools. For example:
- Teachers are reading the book, Red, to children as young as five. This book tells children that it is possible to be born in “the wrong body.”
- Students are getting referrals from school counselors (without parent notification) to receive puberty blocking drugs and cross-sex hormones.
- The American School Counselor Association has published a guide which tells counselors to “hide” information from parents.
- A public school district’s training included, Remember, parents are not entitled to know their kids’ identities. That knowledge must be earned. This training also included the following, Some transgender, non-binary, and/or gender-nonconforming students are not ‘open’ at home for reasons that may include safety concerns or lack of acceptance. School personnel should speak with the student first before discussing a student’s gender nonconformity or transgender status with the student’s parent/guardian.
- When a school nurse posted on social media how she witnessed teachers and administrators were keeping parents in the dark when it comes to students identifying themselves as non-binary, she was placed on administrative leave. One 11 year-old student was on puberty blockers and parents were not informed that this was going on. The nurse stated that children were introduced to this gender confusion starting in kindergarten.
- Conferences for private and “Christian” school educators are promoting books such as, These Are Our Bodies and The Teaching Transgender Toolkit.
- A webinar, Best Practices for Serving LGBTQ Students, was held on how to create an inclusive classroom culture to build an intersectional curriculum that incorporates queer history and perspectives.
- One social media site states, As Florida and other states continue to pass harmful laws aimed to curb classroom discussions about gender identity and sexual orientation, your students may need emergency support. Sharing resources like the Crisis Text Line can make a difference (emphasis mine).
- Schools are establishing “Transition Closets” that allows students to socially transition with opposite-gendered outfits that makes them feel more at home and like themselves without parents knowing.
The battle for the hearts and minds of children is not only raging in schools, it is also being fought in the media and entertainment world. When Florida’s “Parental Rights in Education” bill was passed, the Walt Disney Company, that has been characterized as a purveyor of family entertainment, was quick to condemn it as a blow to gender rights.
Several videos have been posted on social media that show how Disney is working diligently to take young children captive to lies when it comes to the LGBTQA+ agenda.
- Vivian Vance stated, last summer we removed all of the gender greetings to our live speils. We no longer say ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. We have trained our cast members it is hello everyone or hello friends. [recorded messages] no longer say ladies and gentlemen but dreamers of all ages.
- CEO, Mark Chapek, announced plans to create a task force in charge of making sure that more LGBT-awareness content is available to children.
- Allen March stated that the company has been ‘really open to exploring queer stories.’ He said he kept a tally of LGBTQ+ characters in a film, in a bid to ensure there was greater diversity on screen. The team is committed to promoting “trans, bisexual and gender nonconforming” characters and says kids are “getting all this information from the media” and “there’s a lot of power to that.”
Satan’s attack on children can be seen in, what used to be safe, summer activities. Here are just two examples of how this war has intensified.
- Seattle Museum plans ‘Drag-tastic Summer Camp’ to teach kids the ‘Art Of The Drag’
- In Indianapolis, they are hosting a “Sex Ed Summer Camp” for kids aged 8-10 years old.
The State is also fully engaged in this war against our children. Some documents that were released by the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Population Affairs promoted gender reassignment surgeries, puberty blockers, and hormone therapy for transgendered minors. In response to some states passing laws restricting these types of procedures for minors, the White House Press Secretary, Jen Psaki, stated,
To be clear, every major medical association agrees that gender-affirming health care for transgender kids is the best practice and potentially lifesaving. All of this begs the question: What are these policies actually trying to solve? LGBTQI+ people can’t be erased or forced back into the closets and kids across our nation should be allowed to be who they are without the threat that their parents or their doctor could be imprisoned simply for helping them and loving them.
The straw that broke the proverbial camel’s back for me was when the President of the United States sent out a video where he stated the following.
To everyone celebrating Transgender Day of Visibility, I want you to know that your president sees you — Jill, Kamala, Doug, our entire administration sees you — for who you are: made in the image of God and deserving dignity, respect and support. We know it’s hard when there are those out there who don’t see you, don’t respect you. For example, the onslaught of anti-transgender state laws attacking you and your families is simply wrong. This administration is standing up against all these hateful bills, and we are committed to advancing transgender equality in the classroom, on the playing field, at work, in our military, and our housing and health care systems — everywhere, simply everywhere.
I thought that it can’t get worse until I saw how these dangerous ideologies have taken hold inside the church. One example that was most disturbing to me was as follows.
- A church in Iowa offered a “prayer” that caused me to tremble in fear:
This past Thursday, March 31st, was the International Transgender Day Of Visibility. In the PC USA, we welcome all of our transgender and queer siblings into this family and relationship with the creator god. So today, I wish to pray a prayer that was written for this incredible day. Will you pray with me?
Oh, god of pronouns, we give praise to the great one the one who was identifiable as god. “I am what I am,” you say. The great they, the incarnate he and she, the god of trans being. Impregnating Mary, fathering god. Breastfeeding god of many breasts, you shatter all stereotypes, making every single person male and female. Male and female, intersex, non-binary in your image. Exactly in your image.
Spectrum rainbow god, who put your promise for non-violence in the symbol for queer love before humanity knew, because you knew. Who had Joseph who could not sleep with a woman in a beautiful lady’s cloak, perhaps of rainbow colors, before we knew, you knew.
God of pronouns who said “You can call me he or she or they, whatever makes you feel closest to me.” Invisible and visible god, on this day where visibility and celebration, belatedness, affirmation, and acceptance is the bare minimum, remind us that you are the god of pronouns, so you affirm and you celebrate them. … Remind us that you affirm us in our full identity: name, pronoun, found family, all of it.
For this we give you thanks and praise to the great I am, the great they/them. Thank you, god, and so now, in the words that our mother, our father, and our sibling god taught us to pray, and pray with us now, [recites the Lord’s Prayer].
I have wrestled with this blog for more than two weeks. It is the longest post that I have ever done. Why? I was convicted about how Christian parents, pastors, church leaders and educators, have not been willing to address the issue of education biblically. As I wrote in an earlier post, Christians have been willing to set aside their religious beliefs when it comes to the schools in which they enroll their children. Christian schools have done the same thing when it comes to textbook selection and, sometimes, when hiring teachers, coaches and sponsors.
We find ourselves in a similar condition that Israel was in during the time that it was taken into captivity. Why? In 2 Kings 17, God explains why He did this. It was because they had sinned against God, walked in the customs of the nations, did things secretly which were not right, did not listen to the many warnings that God gave to them, rejected God’s statutes, and forsook His commandments.
We have been taken captive by the false worldviews that have been taught to us over the past 100+ years. We, too, are in this condition because we haven’t listened to nor paid attention to God’s warnings and have rejected His Word — especially when it comes to how we have educated several generations of young people. As I stated at the beginning of this article — there is no middle or neutral ground! We must chose what side we are going to be on and we must understand that no decision is a decision to be on the world’s side.
What is the solution to the crisis we find ourselves in today? God only offers one solution to His children when they find themselves in captivity. His children must repent of their sin, cry out to God for mercy and seek a fresh move of God in their lives, homes, churches and schools.
Are we willing to do this? or Will we settle for life in Babylon?
I am asking pastors and school leaders to join me at one of this summer’s Kingdom Education™ Summits where we will seek God’s will for how He wants us to educate our children and youth. These Summits are the most important events that I have ever been part of. I hope to see you in June.